2011-09-04

The Garden Isle

During my time in Hawaii, I decided to make the best of it and exercise my adventurous side to explore the island. Typically, I'm the conservative one and the Hubby is the curious, free-spirit tourist when we travel. I decided to take a lesson from his book and see what I could find.

Spouting Horn - water rushes under a lava shelf and bursts through a small opening at the surface.


Beautiful waterfall at 500 feet elevation on the way up to Waimea Canyon. The following six photos are taken at the canyon lookout.






Next stop was the Pou Hinahina Lookout...



Photo at the Ni'Ihau Lookout (it's the little island at the horizon).



Stop # 3 was the Kalalau Lookout...absolutely stunning view!


On Sunday, I decided to have dinner at The Plantations Garden Restaurant located in Poipu Beach.  Being an orchid lover, I was sure to snap a few photos!






Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. i've been to that lookout before when we went to Kauai.

    making a quick visit. following from finding new friends wkend hop. I hope you follow back. thanks in advance

    http://momdaughterstyle.blogspot.com/

    we can also like each other in FB if you have a fan page (I do like back)
    http://www.facebook.com/MomDaughterStyleBlog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your travel photos!
    I love them all. Hawaii is beautiful.
    I'm hoping to visit this place someday.

    Btw, I've been following you already.
    See you around.

    http://www.momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great pics! Hawaii is one of the two states I have not visited yet. Now I want to go all the more! New follower returning your visit from the FNF hop. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments!! I am absolutely in love with Hawaii! The Hubby and I were married on Maui, and after a little visit to the fertility rock on Molokai (Hawaiian folklore), we learned we were pregnant upon our return home from our second trip!!

    Loving the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely trip! Wow.

    Welcome back to reality!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures! I'm your new follower with GFC from the FNF hop. Check out my sites, maybe you'll like to follow back.
    http://hearttoheartathome.blogspot.com/
    http://createabeautifullife.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely breathtaking!!! Beautiful pics!
    Hi! New follower from the FNF blog hop! I hope you'll follow back. Thanks! :) Through the Eyes of a Tiger

    ReplyDelete