2011-09-17

First Soup of the Season

The past few weeks have been hectic, to say the least.  Last night, I realized that it has been a long, long time since I've made something yummy in the kitchen.  Long days at work and catching up on over-due errands prompted the food situation for the past few weeks to be canned soup and easy quick foods.

Of course, the 'G' word (guilt) tried to break through again, but I quickly squashed it.  I'm doing the best I can, right?!  Roland and I headed to Wegmans (our favorite grocery store) this morning and bought all of the ingredients for Rachel Ray's Fall Minestrone soup - a hearty, fantastic soup that is the perfect accompaniment to this beautiful fall day!!


Tips:
1. I always make my noodles separately and add them as I make a bowl of soup, otherwise, the noodles tend to absorb all of the liquid in the soup.
2. Don't forget to drizzle some olive oil over the noodles after you strain them - the olive oil will prevent them from sticking.
3. Fresh, warm bread is a wonderful accompaniment!

Highly recommended for any fall day!! Hope you enjoy :)

4 comments:

  1. Yummy!!!

    Thanks for following the blog! I'm following you back now!

    captainfussybuckets.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tessa,
    wanted to stop by and say thanks for the follow at bellalime and to check out your blogs. Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I agree. Get rid of the guilt. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower from Finding New Friends blog hop! Hoping you follow back!! =0)

    My Crazy Life

    ReplyDelete