Ishmael: An Adventure of the Mind and Spirit

 2011-09-25

Ishmael: An Adventure of the Mind and SpiritIshmael: An Adventure of the Mind and Spirit by Daniel Quinn




Ishmael was definitely an interesting book and one that will require me to re-read to ensure I gain everything out of the book. Originally, I didn't like the book because it forced me to think of concepts that I usually ignore. Daniel Quinn uses Ishmael, a gorilla and a well-educted gorilla at that, to explore basic concepts: "The world was made for humans to conquer thus the world belongs to humans" versus "Humans belong to the world." He compares and contrasts modern society with our ancient ancestors and identifies ways that demonstrates how we are essentially destroying the world we live in just to conquer it.

This book is definitely worthy of a book club discussion...now only if I could find one...and the time to participate :)



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP