PHD? Not This Time!

 2011-11-17

I finally did it! I mastered PHD syndrome - Projects Half Done, that is!

This journey started back in May when a Groupon was offered for The Little Shop. The Little Shop is a quaint quilting and sewing shop located in beautiful downtown Haddonfield, NJ.  I wanted to learn more about sewing so I purchased the Groupon for myself and my friend, Jennifer.  

As I periodically scanned their class schedules, one class caught my eye - the Amy Butler Sunday Sling


A lover of Vera Bradley bags, I knew I just had to sign up for this class.  The class schedule was quite enticing, as well.  The class met every Thursday from 7-9 for 3 weeks and at the end of the class, you had a bag.  Really?  Knowing my track record for completing projects, I was a bit skeptical.  Keep in mind I have a quilt that is nearly complete and about 20 knitting projects stashed in our guest bedroom a.k.a. the craft room

It turns out, the class stayed true to its promise. In just 3 weeks and a total of 7.5 hours, I completed the bag.  We were all shocked, even the dear hubby who said "Get the hell out of here! You completed it!"







The class is perfect for working mothers who want a night out with minimal commitment to do homework outside of class.  Our instructor, Debbie, was fantastic as well.  She was extremely laid back, easy going and was extremely helpful stepping through the various steps and even helping us with our mistakes.  She even taught Jen how to measure! ;)  (Poor Jen, a brilliant individual, yet she had the most difficult time measuring and cutting fabric to the correct pattern size.) 

Jennifer and Kim

Debbi with Cindy and Lana
Cindy Anxiously Turning her Bag

Lana and Cindy Proudly Showcasing Their Creations
A big Thank You goes out to Debbie and The Little Shop for helping me overcome PHD!!  To my new friends Cindy, Kim and Lana, I greatly enjoyed our conversation and company!  Hope to see you in the next class!  Happy Sewing!

3 comments:

Mry Jhnsn November 18, 2011 at 10:05 AM  

Oh that is so cool! I really want to do that!

Tessa November 18, 2011 at 8:36 PM  

We had a blast! It was definitely a quick project, too!!

Joanna November 27, 2011 at 10:05 AM  

Hi,
I'm following you through the Thanksgiving blog hop.

Joanna
http://joannalife.com

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP