Vacation = Cleaning?

 2011-11-10

I blinked in July and somehow traveled through time to land in November.  Where did the past four months go?  I traveled the US from San Diego to Hawaii to Chicago and back to Philly for work forcing the Hubby to play Mr. Mom while I was away.  Needless to say, the past few months have been quite hectic.

During that time, we had to prioritize and the house was at the bottom of the list.  We were doing the bare minimum to get by with a semi-clean house, but it seemed as though any free time we had at home, we spent cleaning.  Not fun.

Two weeks ago, the hubby and I decided to take two vacation days - Friday and Monday to give us a four day weekend.  We sent Roland to daycare and tackled the house.  We cleaned, we sorted, we snuck in a few naps and prepped the house for the upcoming holiday season.  After spending some much needed time and attention to the house, we seem to be functioning much better as a family.  Why? Because everything has a place and there is a place for everything!

We have one room left to tackle (the den) and a few bins of baby gear to sort through and after that - we will be finished!  We truly had a great time spending two days together without interruption and are committed to doing so more often!!

3 comments:

Joy Page Manuel November 11, 2011 at 6:29 AM  

I simply think it's great that you and your hubby can be genuine 'partners' when it comes to keeping the house organized...to actually take time off and spend that time together! I think that's priceless :-)

The Rosenau's November 13, 2011 at 11:11 PM  

Hi! I'm passing the "Tell Me About Yourself" blog award to you! Please see my blog post and follow my lead...you can see it here: http://sewfantastic.blogspot.com/2011/11/tell-me-about-yourself-award.html
Julianne
www.sewfantastic.blogspot.com

id November 19, 2011 at 10:03 AM  

Isn't it funny how much your environment affects your life?!? It seems like as long as I get the kitchen clean at the end of the day, the rest of my day falls into place. The whole house, forget it, life is good. Until the boys destroy it 5 minutes later! I'm a new follower from the FNF Blog hop
Kim
http://www.mytwintasticlife.com/

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP