Cleaning and Scrubbing...

 2011-12-29

When I was a little girl, my mother had a picture frame hanging in her bedroom with a particular saying that I absolutely loved.  When Roland was born, I asked her if she still had it; she searched the house and was unable to find it.  This Christmas, I was completely surprised when she presented it to me!


As I thought about the saying as a new mother, it helped to ground me, and realize that being perfect or attempting to be perfect at everything wasn't necessarily my most important task - learning to slow down and cherish the special moments in life with my new family was.  I now have a visual daily reminder for when life gets chaotic and the small things start to take over.




I hope you enjoy this saying as much as I do!

3 comments:

momto8 December 29, 2011 at 12:44 PM  

What a thoughtful gift from your mom!!
I am a new follower from the hop..pls follow back if you can!

Raquel Cummings December 29, 2011 at 2:49 PM  

Hi, following from Bloggy Moms. Please feel free to follow me back at:
http://d-mochatraveler.blogspot.com/

My Twitter is:
https://twitter.com/#!/DMochaTraveler

Tessa December 30, 2011 at 11:48 PM  

Raquel & momto8 - thanks for stopping by!! Following back :)

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP