A Bit of a Funk

 2012-04-28

I finally have a few minutes to sit down and write this blog post.  I have to admit that for a while, things have been a bit hectic.  Work has been busy, life has been busy, and I've been feeling a little overwhelmed with everything.  One thing is is for certain, though, I miss blogging!

When I look back over the past year, I've realized that blogging has helped me manage life.  There are so many things that I do not want to miss; blogging/writing helps me to capture it.  When a thought comes to my mind, I blog, and can let it go...it helps me to de-clutter.  It's simply fabulous.

Over the past few months, I've been in a bit of a funk..overwhelmed...frustrated...you name it,  I think I've experienced it.   And I believe I've found the root cause: a delusion of time.  I have so many hobbies, so many things that I want to do...bottom line, I think I have so much more time than I actually have.

When it comes to hobbies, I love to blog, cook and sew and read.  I found a passion for running, love to play my piano yet overall, I want to be the best mommy and wife that I can be.  I've realized that somehow, my mind thought that I could achieve everything in a day, which is absolutely impossible.  I am not joking, in my mind, here's what I thought would be possible:

Wake up, shower, and get ready for work.  Wake up the kiddo, make him breakfast and pack the lunches for all of us.  Go to work, put in a good 8-10 hour day and come home to make a healthy meal (I hate meal planning, tho).  Eat, play with the kiddo and hubby, start the bedtime routine (bath, read books), put on the gym clothes and head to the gym.  Come home, tidy up the house, do a load of laundry, sew a bit, or read a book and then lights out - time for bed.

I kid you not, that is seriously what I think I can accomplish in a day.  Now that I'm actually writing it down, I realize how delusional this really is!

I was talking with a friend of mine at work and shared with him how I feel completely overwhelmed with life.  He suggested that I sit down and map out my day in regards to time, then take out a 20% reserve (a.k.a Management Reserve for things that pop up), and with the balance remaining, realistically plan out how I want to spend it.

There's not a chance in hell that I could accomplish everything above - but now that I know that, I'm hoping I can be more realistic about planning my time that I can alleviate the guilt of not doing it all.


2 comments:

Chris May 22, 2012 at 12:24 AM  

Hi Tessa, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Hristo Yanev March 24, 2016 at 9:14 AM  

Hi guys,
Thank you so much for this wonderful article really!
If someone want to learn more about those working mothers I think this is the right place for you

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP